A super tasty paleo Breakfast Calzone recipe ideal for stripping down body fat as part of a low carb, high fat, high protein diet.
Preparation time: 5 mins Cooking time: 8-10 mins Serves: 1-2
Coconut Oil for the pan
2 heaped tablespoons Tomato Sauce (bought or home-made)
Large handful of spinach
3-4 thin slices of goats cheese
Small handful of fresh basil (or 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs)
1/2 Red pepper, chopped
5 green olives, halved
1. Heat a teaspoon of coconut oil in a frying pan
2. Whisk the eggs in a bowl and pour into the frying pan
3. Allow the egg to cook for a few minutes until the egg has set but is still a bit runny on top
4. Cover the omelette base in the tomato sauce like a pizza
5. Rip up the spinach leaves, sprinkle them on to the omelette base with the goats cheese and basil
6. Add the red pepper, olives and gently fold the omelette in half, sealing the edges by pressing down with a spatula.
7. Cook for a further 5 minutes to ensure the cheese melts.