The Chorizo in this recipe really adds something special to this classic breakfast. The kale brings in the all important veg into the first meal of the day to get you towards your minimum of 5 portions per day.
This high protein, low carbohydrate recipe is great to help reduce body fat levels, as it prevents any rise in blood sugar allowing for maximum fat burning through out the day.
Preparation time: 5 mins Cooking time: 10 mins
3 x Free Range Eggs
1 x Handful of Kale, chopped
1 x Small Chorizo Sausage, chopped
1/2 tsp Coconut Oil
1 tsp of real butter
1. Add the kale to a saucepan and bring water to the boil, then simmer for 8-10 mins
2. Add the coconut oil to a pan and cook the Chorizo over a low heat for 4 minutes
3. Beat the eggs and add to a separate saucepan with the teaspoon of butter, cooking over a medium heat for about 5 minutes.
4. Keep stirring the eggs to scramble them and so they don’t stick to the pan.
5. Once the eggs are cooked, put the chorizo on top and serve with the kale.